Future redevelopments of SFI websites will prioritise the accessibility of all content. To this end, this website follows guidelines set out by the W3C (the World Wide Web Consortium). The W3C WAI (Web Accessibility Initiative) produces accessibility guidelines that are an internationally recognised benchmark of accessibility.
In constructing our sites, we will endeavour to apply all WAI Priority 1 and Priority 2 and many Priority 3 criteria. The benefits of this include:
- Pages are fast to download, regardless of whether you are using broadband or a modem.
- As far as possible, all pages will validate as XHTML 1.0 Transitional, ensuring that they work with a wide variety of browsers, old and new.
- This site uses only relative text sizes, allowing users to change font size easily using their browser.
- If your browser or browsing device does not support Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), the content of each page is still readable.
- All images include descriptive ALT (i.e. alternative text) attributes. Certain decorative graphics include null ALT attributes.
A note on the PDF document format
Some of the information on this website is available in PDF format to provide for easier reading and printing offline. However, PDF documents are not always accessible (except in the case of PDF documents created with the latest Adobe Acrobat software). Certain documents may have been created before this software was available.
PDF documents on this site require Adobe Reader. The accessibility of this site will be maintained on an ongoing basis. We will also closely monitor developments and changes in accessibility guidelines and general website best practice.
If you cannot fully access any information on a particular page, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to the address below.
Science Foundation Ireland
Three Park Place
Hatch Street Upper
Tel: + 353 1 607 3082
Fax: + 353 1 607 3260